Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stupid people and bad press

I have been ordering my daily AJC. Today there was an article called "Green mom 2.0" The beginning of the article started out kind of humorous. It talked about how you examine everything once you examine one thing. A rabbit hole so to speak. The author was talking about how she longed to use jet-dry for her dishwasher but hated the thought of chemicals spraying onto her dishes. This made me laugh since I have often thought the same thing. Then she starts talking about the drought conditions in GA. Because of this she decided to give up her cloth diapers for disposables since she felt bad about the six loads of laundry a week she was "wasting" washing them. I couldn't even finish the article because I was so pissed. First of all, did she stop once to think about how much water the plant that makes the toxic things wastes a week? NO. Did she know that the bleaching process releases Dioxin (the most toxic chemical next to nuclear waste) into our drinking water and groundwater causing all kinds of issues like cancer and genetic anomalies in wildlife? NO. Did she mention how throwing feces into the garbage contributes to disease outbreaks because of its contamination of drinking water? NO. And most of all, did she think that she was doing the earth a favor by dumping hundreds of toxic diapers into a landfill that won't decompose for HUNDREDS of years??? Fuck no. Here is my message to the idiot who wrote the article: Get more diapers since six loads of diapers a week is excessive and ridiculous. Perhaps think about drought-washing your dishes and saving hundreds of gallons a month by not using your dishwasher. Campaign for conservation. And most of all, stop acting like you are doing our environment a favor by being a complete wanker. ok. Bitching over.

In other news. Hubby and I had a long discussion about our relationship on Saturday. I won't go into detail since some things are sacred to even anonymous readers. But we spoke calmly and gently, said our peace and came out with a solution. But best of all realized how in love we really are. Hopefully the coming months will be a lot smoother and loving than the past few.

One topic that came up was Alpha Mom and Photographer. He said to me " I know that you are young and still make mistakes, but you need to consider the fact that now you have caused an issue in another person's marriage." He was right. It was not a betrayal of the physical nature, or even the emotional in my book, but none-the-less Alpha Mom felt betrayed by me. And for that, I am truly sorry. It is a dilemma because photographer is my closest friend besides Hubby at present and I hate to have to consider things like that. But, I fear that I have damaged any semblance of a relationship with alpha mom. Plus, I realize that I have been too hard on her. I hope that she gets the help that she needs and their relationship can be mended fully. I love you both.

The wedding I went to this weekend was a flop. "Sophia Loren" Hubby's first love was supposed to be there, but had to attend to her dieing father. I was looking forward to meeting her since Hubby still has a lock of her hair in our closet. But I guess everything worked out for the best.

No comments: